Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day 6

I weighed 204 today. That number reminds me of one day when I was over to my sister Paula’s home in Hurricane. It was a family gathering of some kind because a bunch of us were sitting around the kitchen table playing a card game (which we do when we get together)and my score happened to be 204 and I blurted out hey that’s how much I weigh! Everyone looked at me like I was crazy, they said my face went red. I remember thinking how heavy I was and felt so ashamed for letting my weight get out of control like that. Three of my sister’s are skinny and they can’t gain weight, as much as they long to. I don’t think they know how fortunate they are. Of course I was like that growing up until I reached about 34 years old. I remember the day I threw out all my pants that I couldn’t fit into any more. I held on to them for so long thinking someday I’ll wear them again, that was like 40 lbs ago. Now I’ll get to buy new ones… Yes!
I wore my current pair of 501’s to work and by walking in them, within a week I had rubbed a hole in the inner thighs. I always wore out the knees first and then the seat but never the inner thighs first, of course I cried. I was going to patch them but now because of this diet I’ll get to buy skinnier ones.

No comments: