Saturday, December 6, 2008

HCG Diet

I got a phone call from a good friend of mine who happens to work at Green Valley Spa here in St. George. She told me I won an hcg diet from the What Women Want Expo free of charge and all that I have to do is blog about it every day. This is what I wrote the very first night I heard about winning it.
I am a 48 year old mother of 7 and grandmother of 4.33 grandchildren. I am 5'9" and weigh 214 lbs. To the average person I am big and overpowering. There is nothing I can do about my height and I have tried to get my weight down but for some reason I just keep getting heavier. When I was in high school I weighed 148 and was 5'10". After I had each one of my first 3children I got back down to 150 lbs. I had a job in a school kitchen and during the 9 months of school I could and usually did gain 5 lbs. but would lose it again during the summer. Then 7 years later when I decided to have another child I gained 30 lbs with her and after she was born the weight just never went fully away. I was at 170 lbs. when I got pregnant again and again I gained 30 lbs. It was harder than ever to lose weight after that. I followed a doctor’s diet plan and lost 25 lbs but it didn't take long and it was back. I started a new job and the stress from that helped me lose weight again but as soon as I got comfortable the weight started coming back. I was able to use the exercise facility where I worked and that helped me maintain my weight at 180 lbs. for a while but then even with exercising I started to gain again. I left that job just over a year ago and since I quit exercising I have gained weight again and am now up to 214 lbs. I hurt everywhere. My back because my stomach is so big and I arch my back to balance myself. My knees hurt from the extra weight. My feet hurt from all the pressure on them, (I think I have flat feet now) I have very low energy and whenever I bend over I have to hold my breath until I stand up again. I have to sit down to put my socks on because I have no balance when I lift one foot off the ground. I have to lay down to zip up my pants. See where I'm going with this? My sister has done this diet and lost 40 lbs. in 40 days. We basically have the same genes so I'm thinking if it worked for her it has to work for me. People used to say that I looked a lot younger than I was but they don't say it so much any more. I feel like I'm 60 years old. I really would like to get fit and be able to stay that way. My sister has been taken off all her medications because of the hcg diet, my hope is to be able to do the same.
You will have to go to their web site to see the before pictures of me. www.mygreenvalleyspa.com

No comments: